Friday, August 14, 2009

"You're makin' me nervous!"

On Sunday we had dinner over at my mom's house. Ava loves spending time at Nunny's because she gets to eat and play with her jewelry. After dinner Ava was standing on my mom's jewelry box and singing and dancing. She is such an entertainer. She had some ugly toy that belonged to my brother when he was younger. It looked like a cross between a woman superhero and a scorpion. Kind of weird and ugly, but she carried it around earlier, so I thought it was no big deal. I took it and told her I was going to get her with it, just teasing her a little. She said, "No, get it away. That's so ugly." So I did it again and she repeated it, but just a little louder, and then followed with a brief pause and "ugh...you're makin' me nervous!" We were laughing so hard, I thought I was going to pee my pants. My mom says that all the time, and I actually didn't realize how often that saying comes out of my mouth as well, but she picks up everything. The funny thing to me is how she uses certain phrases correctly and with such emotion.
Later she decided to drink from the sprinkler at Nunny's house, which turned into about 15 minutes of sprinkler fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment