Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What to do with two sick kids

So we began Christmas break with Adam being sick, and then Ava. What do you do with two sick kids? With one, I held her while we would sit on the couch or lay on the bed watching movies, and it was all very quiet and somewhat relaxing. With two, I feel like a pinball. One is up crying, possibly screaming, while the other is demanding something (food, water, tv, potty, toys, attention). So we have had quite the time in the past few days. Fortunately Adam is on the upswing and I'm hoping Ava isn't far behind. We are totally and completely drained and sooooo tired of being stuck in the house.


We did try something new and fun. Since the kids have been sick, we haven't done as much baking as we usually do, but we did make a gingerbread house. Well, we decorated one. It was a lot of fun. Ava loved it, and it didn't matter that she was sick because no one is going to eat it. With all the candy and icing, I can't even imagine trying to eat that thing!


Not too shabby! I think we'll make this a tradition.


Ava and I also planted Christmas tree seeds. She got it as a gift in her stocking at school. Supposedly you plant the seeds and then transplant them when they get bigger. We'll see. We did have a great discussion on patience, time, and caring for something. I wonder if she'll remember this tomorrow?



1 comment:

  1. Very sweet! I hope you get to enjoy this next week together with everyone feeling well.

    ReplyDelete