Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ava and her thoughts on siblings

Many of my friends are expecting babies, and some were just recently born. Ava voiced her opinion about wanting a sister when I was pregnant with Adam, and has recently started that again.

Today at dinner:


Ava: Mommy I don't like Adam, I like a sister

Me: You don't like Adam?

Ava: Yes, but I like a sister too.

Me: Oh.

Ava: (to daddy) We should get a sister and put it in her belly.

Rolando: We'll see.

Me: Ava, how do you think babies get into mommy bellies?

Ava: (thinking for a while) Ummm...they are tiny and they crawl in mommy's back and then they go into the belly and grow big, big, big.

Me: Oh

Rolando: Is that right? What do you think mommy?

Me: Sure. Ava, how about a popcicle?

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Love it! Lillian wants a sister too...she's going to have to wait over a year for that to happen though!

    ReplyDelete