Friday, November 26, 2010

giving thanks

Ava what are you thankful for?
A:  Well...my movies, my toys, my roxy (her dog she has had since she was born) and...
(she smiles and pauses)
Me: Is that it?
A:  mom, I'm just kidding.  I'm thankful for Adam and Daddy and Mommy and Nunny and Nonno Tony and Nonna and Nonno and all my friends.
Me:  Ava that's really sweet.
A:  Yeah, I was tricking on you.
Me:  Oh yeah! Well you're pretty funny.  It's okay to be thankful for that other stuff too. 
A:  I know, but I have to be thankful for you guys because that's how I get all my other things.
Me:  ...awesome. 

So we had a great Thanksgiving.  It was much more laid back and relaxing than years past.  We went to his mom's house and ate lunch, then came back to our house to get ready for dinner.  We usually head over to my Nonna's house, but her and my Nonno were both sick.  So my dad came over in the morning to get the turkey going at our house.  We came home, my mom came over, the kids took a nap, and when they got up dinner was ready.  We ate,cleaned up, watched football, and then ate pie.  Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but my pie's were sooo yummy...pat, pat, pat.  I would say the best I have ever made.  Lemon meringue, pecan, pumpkin, and apple.  Oh yes, on Thanksgiving I am a pie makin' fool.  It was all delicious and we had a great time together.

I am very thankful for my beautiful, wonderful children.  They make me laugh and smile every day.  I'm so thankful that they are healthy and happy and that they have each other as siblings.  I'm so thankful for Rolies, who is so laid back and caring.  He always puts the kids and our family first, and I couldn't ask for a better husband.  I'm so thankful for my family.  They are so supportive and wonderful.  I could not ask for more or anything better!

THANKFUL...GRATEFUL...BLESSED...ALWAYS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Coleman started growth hormones last year. 3 1/2 years old. It toeok over a year of trying to get the hormones to us. Dr.'s are skeptical because its not been tested on hypo kids before. Find an Endocrinologists that will be an advocate for your kid. Pediatritions won't help. He will be on GH's until his growth plates close, 18 years old is the best guess.

    ReplyDelete