Monday, June 7, 2010

adam's first haircut

So we ventured out finally to get Adam's first haircut.  I had every excuse not to do it each day we planned to get his haircut, until I started to see the out of control mini mullet--maybe it was time.  We took him to a kids place so that he would be distracted by the movies, the noise, and the fire truck and car seats.  All was well with him.  I was the one who was completely not ready.

me: just trim it a little bit
super patient haircut lady:  ok mom, do you want it cut around his ears
me: well...i'm not sure...what do you think
super patient haircut lady:  we usually do, just so it looks better, but it's up to you
me:  ok, whatever you  think, just not too short (i still want him to look like a baby)

So she starts cutting away.  It looks like she is cutting it way too short, and she must have seen the horror in my face, so she starts talking me through it a little more.

super patient haircut lady:  I know it looks like a lot, but it's very little that I'm actually cutting.  These are all the little stray hairs
me: oh...ok

Adam is sitting there like a champ.  Not too interested in the movie, very interested in driving the fire engine and loving the bell
All is well...until she busts out the clippers.

me:  wait, wait, wait.  What are you going to use those for?
dad:  she's just going to go around the edges and clean them up and his sideburns
me:  (still waiting for her to answer)
super patient haircut lady:  exactly.  Is that okay?
me: (No) oh, sure.
super patient haircut lady:  It's okay mom. He'll look more like a little boy now.
me:  :(

So she finishes and styles it with some hair junk--which I quickly wiped out after we paid--comments on his good behavior and we are off.  I was exhausted.  This was definitely harder than Ava's first haircut.  Maybe because he's a boy and he probably will not have hair that long again anytime soon. 

Before
Ok...so he looks a little upset here, but check out the hair.  I thought it was cute, but needed a little taming.

He did great!  What a handsome little boy!

Later that day, after taking a bath and his hair drying on its own, I realized that I did not like it because it reminded me of something...

but after taming it to the side, I guess it's not so bad.

1 comment:

  1. You seriously had me laughing out loud with the Lloyd picture from Dumb and Dumber! ha ha!!!

    He looks so great, though! Such a handsome little boy. I love it! I'm all about the clippers these days....I had them use a 1 on Andrew this past time because I want it short enough so I don't have to style it! :) It is bad enough having to make Lillian sit to do her hair!

    ReplyDelete