Tuesday, July 6, 2010

green bean drama

Today my mom, aka Nunny, stopped by after work and had dinner with us.  All was fine until Ava decided to try to get out of eating her green beans.

Ava: (sad face)
Nunny:  Ava what's wrong?
Ava:  I'm sad. (pouting)
Nunny:  Why are you sad?
Ava:  Because my green beans don't like me.
Me:  What are you talking about Ava?
Nunny:  Your green beans don't like you.  How do you know that?
Ava:  They're being so mean to me.  They said that they are not my friend. 
Nunny:  Oh.  Well you know why they probably said that?  Green beans are vegetables that love to be eaten.  If you don't eat them they will be upset with you.  You know, if you eat them then they will like you.
Ava: They said I'm ugly.
Nunny: You should try eating them to see how they feel about you after that.
Ava:  (smiling) Close your eyes Nunny and Mom

I'm obviously watching her with my eyes partially closed and I noticed her eating her green beans.  She shoves them a few at a time into her mouth until they are completely gone.

Ava:  Now open your eyes.
Nunny:  Wow, you ate all those green beans?
Ava:  Yes. They were so good.
Nunny:  So, how do the green beans feel about you now?
Ava:  Oh, they like me.  They said, "Thank you Ava.  We can be friends now."
Nunny:  Well I'm glad you worked that out.
Ava: Yeah, me too.  Can you pass me the bowl of green beans?  I'm gonna eat them all.

Thanks Nunny.  You might want to stop by tomorrow night...we are having broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment