Wednesday, July 21, 2010

port aransas


Last week we ventured off on our first family vacation.  Well, not really our first vacation, just our first vacation as a family without anyone else.  It was fun and...interesting at times.  First off, I decided it would be a great idea to get Ava a new car seat so that Adam could have hers.  I thought it would be better for him to be facing out instead of backwards.  I thought they would both be more comfortable and it would make our 4.5 hour drive a lot smoother.  I thought wrong.  On the way there Ava slept for about 15 minutes and asked when we were going to be there about 117 times.  I really thought that only happened in movies...not so much.  Adam on the other hand slept for about 10 minutes and screamed for the other 260 minutes of our ride.  I was not in a good state of mind when we reached the ferry loading and there was an hour wait. But, I was willing to put all that aside when I heard the water and saw the dolphins.

The kids had lots of fun playing in the sand and in the "blue water", as Ava refers to the pool.  We played/walked/sat in the very shallow water at the beach, but that's about as far as that went. I think we might have gone out to our knees...yes, we are quite the adventurous family.


Adam got pinched by a crab right in between his big toe and second toe.  Poor baby.  He was screaming and I didn't know what to do.  Do I pull it off and risk it totally cutting his little sausage toes? No worries...this kid took matters into his own hands and ripped off that little crab like a champ.  Good thing I was there to help. 


We took a trip to the Corpus Christie Aquarium which was fun.  Adam was amazed and Ava enjoyed most of the time we spent there.  The ride back was awesome.  They both slept the whole way back to the condo.



Sleeping arrangements were super awesome too.  We brought Adam's little pack-n-play, which he hasn't been in since he was about 2 months old.  He totally loved it. Not really.  He actually had to be rocked completely to sleep in order to be put into it.  Thank goodness the condo had a rocking reclining chair and a king size bed.  It was so great to be awakened by Adam at 2am every night and then to have all of us in the bed together.  I was so tired at one point that I couldn't stop laughing at our sleeping situation.  Roly was on one side, Ava next to him, Adam next to her, and then me. How long did this last?  Oh, about 2 minutes.  These kids have super fun moves at night, and I just happened to be the only one that this bothered.  I got the kung fu panda moves to the neck, face, and stomach all in about 15 minutes.  And to top that off with a cherry...they ALL snore.  It was awesome! 

We had some good food, got some cute pics, and had some good times at the beach.  It does make me question summer vacations with more than two kids though.  Not sure if I could hang.
Adam decided he needed some time away from the waves.
Ava "keeping Adam safe from the crabs and the waves"

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! Sounds like ya'll had an adventure! I don't know if I could do the all in one room thing for vacation! Maybe one night, but no more than that! Yikes! Congrats on surviving!

    ReplyDelete