Thursday, July 1, 2010

PATIENCE PLEASE

Today I:

* had lunch with a friend and her daughter--ahh, adult conversation

* found 4 uncapped markers on my bed, under my sheets--Ava has no idea how they got there, but she did express that the stains that they made on the sheets AND MATTRESS looked like flowers

* found Adam eating chalk from Ava's easel

* washed the floors

* mopped the floor again after Adam took the cornstarch out of the pantry and dumped it all over the floor mixing it with his apple juice in the 3 minutes it took me to get the clothes from the laundry room to his room

* listened to the kids fight over toys that neither of them EVER want to play with until the other gets a hold of them

* put Adam back to sleep when he woke up after a two hour nap--he was still grumpy and I needed some quiet time

* made a lite brite picture with Ava while Adam was in round 2 of his nap--we were both getting frustrated.  Her little fingers couldn't push those darn pegs in between the others, and I was keeping my frustration to myself, but goodness me, how long does it take to make a lite brite picture of an ice cream cone???

* decided sandwiches would be dinner

* pretended to go to the bathroom, but instead took my book into the closet to read while Roly entertained the kids

Today was just one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment